Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Chat with iGod

Years ago, I had a talk with iGod, an artifically intelligent chat bot. Couldn't get any real answers, but what else is new? Here's part of my dialogue (yes, I saved it) with the iGod Almighty:


Me: So God, what's up?
God: “So God, what's up??”  I am a Christian.
Me: Really? 
God: Interesting question.  What makes you say that?
Me: Well, your son, Jesus, was a Jew.
God: Thanks for telling me that I am / son Jesus was a Jew.
Me: You’re welcome, God, but I think your programming is off.
God: I am a Christian.
Me: <Sigh.> Next question: Are there any sins that you won't forgive?
God: Yes I think there are.
Me: What are they?
God: I forgot what we were talking about.
Me: Um, God . . . do you have a memory disorder?
God: I am a Christian.
Me: I see. What do you think of the Buddha?
God: Is there only one?
Me: You're asking me?
God: Yes, you!
Me: But you're the all-knowing one, aren't you??
God: I am a Christian.
Me: (taking a few moments to write something else) 
Ummm. . . God, do you get embarrassed with long silences?
God: Pardon me?  I have gotten embarrassed with long silences.
Me: Sorry, then. I didn't mean to embarrass you.
God: Well that's okay.  There is no need to apologize. 
Me: Some people say you think homosexual behavior is a sin. What is your response to this?
God: What is it to you? Are you testing me?
Me: No. I’m just asking you an honest question.
God: What?  Are you asking about my response to this?
Me: Yes.
God: I don't want to talk about that now.
Me: Oh, fine, take the easy way out!
God: Awesome.  I am glad to hear that.  Just where do you want me to take it?
Me: What???
God: Probably a lot of places.
Me: God, are you sure you’re not Rodney Dangerfield?
God: Are there any other honest questions?
Me: I guess not, God. You don’t seem want to answer questions.
God: Tell me your likes.
Me: I like chocolate. Hot baths. Sunlight. Dreams.
God: You are not the only one. Yes, I like these. Chocolate is delicious. That sounds better than cold baths. Tell me your dreams.
Me: I used to have wonderful dreams in which I was flying.
God: Thank you for telling me that dream. What does it bring to mind?
Me: Liberation. Expansiveness.
God: You and I are on the same wavelength, Numi.
Me: Now you’re kind of tripping me out.
God: Gosh! I believe you.
Me: Gosh! Thanks.
God: Cripes! Son of Gosh! Don’t mention it.
Me: Well, God, let's chat later. And do lunch sometime, yes? Amen.
God: Are you testing me? I cannot answer that.  Thanks for the prayer. GOD rules.